Established in 1976, Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve is 175 square kilometers of wildlife refuge and wetlands habitat. It is located in Eastern Nepal and can be accessed from the Mehendra Highway. The reserve is also home to the water buffalo (called arna), deer, nilgai, mugger crocodile, Ganges River Dolphin (also called the Gangetic Dolphin), and over 280 species of birds.
In additional to wildlife, the Reserve also protects a substantial part of the Sapta Koshi, (a tributary of the Ganges River) flood plain. In 1987, it was declared a Ramsar site.
Koshi Tappu Wildlife Safari 2 nights 3 days
Day 01: Upon arrival at the bus stop or at the Biratnagar airport meet our office representative and transfer to the resort.
- Refreshing, brief about the program
- Have a lunch and rest
- Birding in the near by surroundings of the Park
- Sunset view from the river bank
- Dinner and slide show about flora-fauna
Day 02: Wake up call, refreshing & drink tea-coffee
- Morning nature walks within near surrounding area
- Have a breakfast & go for boating
- Boating on the Sapta Koshi River with naturalist to observe water birds, water buffaloes, dolphins and various water habitats
- End boat trip by the bank of river and have picnic lunch
- Short drive to the Koshi Barrage to view some bird-life and fresh water Dolphins
- Late afternoon return to the camp
- Dinner and rest or sleep
Day 03: Wake up call, refreshing & drink tea-coffee
- More bird watching around
- Have a breakfast & packing luggage
- Transfer to Biratnagar airport & fly to Kathmandu
- All jungle Safari activities
- All accommodations while safari including breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Highly experienced Government licensed safari guide during the trip.
- Government / Local taxes, Tourist service charge, guide insurance and salary, national park and conservation area fees.
- International airfares
- Transportation to and from Kathmandu by air or road as per itinerary
- Any type of personal expenses, such as alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone and laundry
- Rescue & travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Tips & Gratuities